I believe this because apt-get update resolved this and it's not a bug
per-se with zfs. Thank you for reporting this issue.
** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => Low
** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Won't Fix
** Changed in: zfs-linux (Ubuntu)
Assignee: (unassigned) => Colin Ian King (colin-king)
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kernel
Packages, which is subscribed to zfs-linux in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1851314
Title:
upgrade from 19.04 to 19.10 fails to upgrade zfsutils-linux package
Status in zfs-linux package in Ubuntu:
Won't Fix
Bug description:
# apt get upgrade tells me:
The following packages have been kept back:
zfsutils-linux
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
But I'm pretty sure I need the newer 0.8.1-1ubuntu14 package because the
previous version 0.7.12-1ubuntu5 zfs command fails:
zfs: symbol lookup error: zfs: undefined symbol: libzfs_dataset_cmp
When I try to ask for the kept back page to be upgraded:
# apt dist-upgrade -y zfsutils-linux
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
zfsutils-linux : Conflicts: insserv (< 1.18) but 1.14.0-5ubuntu3 is to be
installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by
held packages.
I really don't understand the <1.18 when 1.14.0 looks less than 1.18.
Is there a workaround?
whoa... on a whim, I tried apt-get instead of apt. It seems to have worked.
$ sudo apt-get install zfsutils-linux
I'm filing this bug so that others may find this work around.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zfs-linux/+bug/1851314/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kernel-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp