Thanks! I had also filed a feature request on Debian:

I will keep everyone posted on once make some progress on the static
call work so that the LSM can be truly zero overhead and we can also add
it back to CONFIG_LSM

** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #983329

  kernel: Enable CONFIG_BPF_LSM on Ubuntu

Status in linux source package in Groovy:
  Confirmed
Status in linux source package in Hirsute:

  == Impact ==

  Enabling CONFIG_BPF_LSM in the KConfig of Ubuntu Kernels, allowing
  users to use BPF LSM programs.

  == Background ==

  The BPF LSM was merged into the Linux kernel 5.7

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=641cd7b06c911c5935c34f24850ea18690649917

  https://outflux.net/blog/archives/2020/09/21/security-things-in-
  linux-v5-7

  It allows users to implement MAC and Audit Policies using BPF
  programs. As a follow-up from the interest generated by the LSM on
  BPF/Linux conferences and on request from users, we’d like to request
  the enabling of CONFIG_BPF_LSM on Ubuntu starting with H.

  The LSM won't be added to the list of active LSMs by default (in
  CONFIG_LSM or lsm= on the boot parameters) yet, as it adds an indirect
  function call overhead by registering an empty LSM hook for all hooks.
  However enabling it in the kernel config will support users who wish
  to use BPF LSM programs without needing to replace their kernel image.

  The LSM can be made "active" by default when our work on getting rid
  of this overhead is merged in the kernel:

  https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20200820164753.3256899-1-jackm...@chromium.org

  == Regression Potential ==

  None. The LSM is not active by default, so it does not have any
  performance or functional regression.