Appears to work happily on both hirsute and the latest core 20 beta
image on a 3A+. May have been fixed in a kernel update prior to one of
these.

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi2 in Ubuntu.

  api3a+ hang when reading /sys/devices/platform/soc/driver_override

Status in linux-raspi2 package in Ubuntu:

  I discovered this when running some tests on a core16 image with various rpi3
devices. Rpi3b, b+, cm3, rpi2, etc... don't have this problem, only rpi3a+.
  Kernel version:
  Linux localhost 4.4.0-1107-raspi2 #115-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 10 18:06:42 UTC
2019 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

  To reproduce, simply 'cat /sys/devices/platform/soc/driver_override'
  The process just hangs and cannot be killed. On other rpi devices, I just get
this output immediately:
  (null)

  There was nothing in dmesg or syslog when it happened, no kernel
  crash, and I can still ssh into the system. The process that ran that
  command just silently hangs and can't be killed even with sudo kill
  -9.