On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 08:51:29 -0800
Laura Abbott <labb...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/21/2016 10:46 AM, Laura Abbott wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As a follow up to the previous discussion about kernel configuration
> > in Fedora
> > (https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/kernel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/DBOBI6F3SLEAW2O5RLGZOOXQ5VKEWQIW/
> > ) I have a prototype of what a method of keeping each configuration
> > file in a separate file would look like. This method takes care of
> > several of my gripes of the current version (and found a few errors
> > in the existing config files). The biggest question I have is if
> > this will scale for how frequently Fedora adjusts configuration
> > options. Some of that could possibly be solved with more scripting
> > improvements.
> >
> > The repo is at
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-kernel-labbott/branch/split_configs
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Laura
> >

> A reminder of this for those who may have missed it. I'm going to take
> silence as no objection or opinion.

With my s390x hat on, my wish for kernel config is to have a way to
inherit the generic Fedora config, but still be able to build for
example only white-listed network drivers. Right now globally enabled
"PCI" enables also all drivers for all PCI-based devices (network,
storage, ...), but the s390x hardware has an internal whitelist of PCI
ids, so doesn't make sense to them all except the white-listed ones
(seen eg. in mainline default config). Is it feasible with the new
scheme?

                Dan