From: Justin Forbes on gitlab.com
https://gitlab.com/cki-project/kernel-ark/-/issues/39#note_547745411

Date in this case is very much important and different in that the git
commit there is the upstream (Linus tree) commit, and not the kernel-ark
commit id. Date gives us a bit more information as to what changes might
have gone in between when Linus last pushed code, and when we created
the dist-git for it. In fact, in all cases, I would assume git ID will
give you the date of the upstream source commit, and date should be when
the package was prepared for Fedora.  Otherwise, the date is basically
redundant information.