Le Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:22:49 +0100,
"Grob Team" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> I was reading the chapter of process Management in the book Linux
> Kernel Development and I see many references of "process's kernel
> stack". AFAIK, processes don't have stack in the kernel,

They do. Each process has a kernel stack and a user stack. The user
stack is used to execute the regular user-space application code, and
can be extended dynamically. The kernel stack is used to execute the
kernel code on behalf of the process, for example system calls. This
stack has a fixed size, of either 8 Kb or 4 Kb on x86.

Of course, kernel threads only have a kernel stack, they don't need a
user stack.

Sincerly,

Thomas
--