Hi Rishi,

I am using this particular line:

> AC_CHECK_LIB(xml2,xmlParseFile,,AC_MSG_ERROR(oops! no function xmlParseFile
> function in xml?!?),) in my configure.in for autoconf

It should work fine for you in most of the cases. But I really doubt if this
the best possible way to achieve what you want.

But I really wonder why autoconf doesn't adds a check for libraries that you
use in you sources.

Neways, I would suggest you that you post the exact steps that you are
trying to provide others with a better picture of what you goal is and how
you are trying to achieve it.

> The use of macro is
>
> AC_CHECK_LIB : Checks whether a function exists in the given library
> (library names without the leading lib, e.g., for libxml, use just xml here)
>
> It seems that it is not path dependant.

Yes, this not path dependent. And should work fine for all the cases.