On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Manish Katiyar <mkati...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Rishi Agrawal<rishi.b.agra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Manish Katiyar <mkati...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> First link in google.
> >>

> http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.0/doc/tutorial_autoconf.html
> >>
> >> Thanks -
> >> Manish

> >> --
> >> Thanks -
> >> Manish
> >
> > Actually I tried using that information earlier but somehow it did not
> work.
>
> Can you please tell us a little more why it didn't work ? Any errors
> or anything else ??
>

> > Currently I am using a macro which checks wether a function is present in
> > the mentioned library.
>
> I didn't understand this ? are you using something like nm ??
>

> > like printf can be checked in libc
> >
> > I used a function "xmlParsefile" and "libxml2" library and this works
> fine.
> > The logic behind this is that when the function is present in the library
> > then the library is also present on the system (is it correct ??)
>
> Should be... but by any chance are you relying the library to be
> present in a particular path ?? If that's the case it is not going to
> work anywhere ?
>
> Thanks -
> Manish
>

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Rishi B. Agrawal
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/rishibagrawal
> > http://code.google.com/p/fscops/
> >

> --
> Thanks -
> Manish

I am using this particular line:

AC_CHECK_LIB(xml2,xmlParseFile,,AC_MSG_ERROR(oops! no function xmlParseFile
function in xml?!?),) in my configure.in for autoconf

The use of macro is

AC_CHECK_LIB : Checks whether a function exists in the given library
(library names without the leading lib, e.g., for libxml, use just xml here)

It seems that it is not path dependant.