Subject: Re: Learning hardware ...
To: rcpilot2...@gmail.com
Cc: "Linux Kernel List" <kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org>
Date: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 11:59 PM

Thanks to all those who replied to my question.

To answer some of the queries in the replies.

I am a software guy, who feel quite confident in writing C, (have not done
assembly in a while) and kernel programming.

I have major holes in my knowledge of how hardware works and how different
components interact with each other.

For this, I want to send some of my time (apart from work) to fill this gap. I
think Stephen has goo suggestion to start with simple SBC and program.

Do you guys suggest, to read some text book etc before this to have correct
context ?

At work, we are mostly involved with x86 and MIPS, this is why I am interested
in this.

Thanks

Abu Rasheda