> Any suggestions what can I read ?

Is your list ready ?        :o)

1. User Guide - Data Sheet
2. Application Notes
3. Code examples

4. Use Wikipedia to get quick answers and directions.

I assume you have the basics (from what I already know about you).
So, unless you have a very good recommendation don't spend money
on books.

Each manufacturer provides these docs on his WEB site. Download,
scan-read and delete if not interesting. Keep otherwise. This is not
pleasure neither casual reading. DO not try to read them like an History
book or the last NYT bestseller. Learn to scan quickly. At the beginning
you may get lots of questions. Clear them on Wiki and the NET. Use the
Application Notes to "see" how others implement

>From my experience it is important to focus on one problem at a time.
Go as deep as you can and when you sure you got it go to next topic.
Do not try to read the UG from the first page to the last. Go straight to
the chapter of interest. Say this is the UART. Start reading. They will
mention the system clock - jump there get some insight come back
and follow - and so on. If this really fires you fine - you are on your
way to the knowledge. If not, go switch to Java :o)

Actual micro-controllers, SOCs, CPUs are roughly the same - well from
30,000 feet above. You study the UART on one you'll have no problems
to switch to another.

This is it - don't look for some magic. And don't forget to use the Wiki,
Luke, use the Wiki.

Good luck,
Stephan.

ps. There are lots of Wikis. There is Mother Wiki but you will find
more specialized. Search the net for Wiki.