On 08/13/2014 03:43 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 8/13/2014 4:37 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>
>> Many changes were introduced in revision 5072.
>>
>> If you are happy with your current binaries, stay where you are until the
>> pond settles.
>>
>> If you want to see if your known bugs are fixed, then take a look at it and
>> that testing
>> will be appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dick
>>

> I did some preliminary testing over the weekend and didn't see any
> issues but my testing was limited to schematic editor.  I did not get a
> chance to test the part library editor or viewer.  I've seen that you've
> made a few changes since my initial testing so I don't if they effected
> the testing I did.  I try doing some more extensive testing over next
> few days with the latest and greatest code.

Thank you very much.

> This was a lot of work.

Towards the end I was liking KiCad source code less and less.  This idea that
you make a
screw driver with a hammer on the end of it was driving me nuts.  How about a
screwdriver
separate from a hammer?

Many many KiCad functions are simply too complicated, and needed to be split
into 2,
sometimes 3 or more.

There are still some that I cannot understand even after reading the function
header
documentation.

This is highlighting the difference between a software architect and a
programmer.

Simple functions crafted together to create a complex architecture that is
easily
understood is far better than complex functions crafted together to create a
simple
architecture which remains incomprehensible.

No way I go through that torture without ranting.  Good thing there was no
audio recording
of it.

We're near the end now.