On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 01:31 +0000, John Beard wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 19:14 -0500, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>
> I think the availability of tools on those platforms is actually not of
> huge significance. The worst case is that the docs are built for every
> commit by something like Jenkins, and the binary files are packaged for
> the "bad" platforms, as well as put up online (any code or file host
> would do) so you don't need to install KiCad to read the docs.

Here [1] is a pull request for Marco's docs repo, which adds a Docker
build environment description. It's not very complex, but it means a
Windows user or a Jenkins could build using Linux tooling. Also any
Linux user can partition their working space so they don't need all the
packages on their machine.

This approach might also be useful for providing an easy-to-set up build
environment for KiCad in general?

Cheers,

John

[1] https://github.com/ciampix/kicad-doc/pull/7