On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 01:31:25AM +0000, John Beard wrote:
[...]

Well, I could not have said it better.

We can choose a format now, knowing that eventually it will not be so
difficult to change again into another format in the future if we decide
to do so.

And if I have done some work I have to thank those people that helped me
like John, Alexander and others.

Having said so I would like to express my preference to maintain the
multiple output format. That could help greatily to lower the barrier to
diffuse our beloved CAD.

Of course I will be doing my best to maintain the toolchain neccessary to
this aim nevertheless the html format alone is easier to use (by just
substitute the pdf viewer with a browser) and to maintain (html
generation is less error prone than docbook->latex->pdf|ebook).

I LOVE read technical books away from the distracting keyboard of a PC
and pdf and ebook are perfect for those handy ebook readers like Kindle
and iPad. I have seen that there are more and more IT manuals and guides
developed with similar toolchains; that could a day produce (why not?)
some serious KiCad manual on the shelf of an electronic bookstore.

For now I have to port the rest of the docs into the choosen format and
to format / improve the existing docs.

So lets choose the format and go on!

--

Marco Ciampa