In its current state i am not a fan of this patch, as if someone comes
along and adds a line between the #ifdev and aEvent.skip() is will
break, Ideally it should probably be

#ifdef __APPLE__
    if ( type != wxEVT_CHAR ) aEvent.Skip();
#else
    aEvent.Skip();
#endif

the comment can still be between the #ifdef and if line but it would
make the code more obvious at a quick glance