Hi Maciej,

Maciej Sumiński <maciej.sumin...@cern.ch> writes:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> On 08/25/2017 09:55 PM, Mathias Grimmberger wrote:
>>
>> Hi Maciej,
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Does that sound useable or is it too much "magic"?
>
> I agree, it is not as simple as with track widths, so it requires a bit
> of "magic".
>
> What do you think about putting in each dropbox single values (either
> diameter or drill size) followed by value pairs? If the user selects a
> single value, the other setting is not affected. In case of choosing a
> pair - both values are modified.
>
> For example, via size settings:
> diameter | drill
> ---------+------
>        1 | 0.5
>      1.5 | 1
>      1.7 | 1.2
>
> Would give the following choices in dropboxes:
>
> Via diameter: 1
>               1.5
>               1.7
>               1/0.5
>               1.5/1
>               1.7/1.2
>
> Via drill:    0.5
>               1
>               1.2
>               1/0.5
>               1.5/1
>               1.7/1.2

I thought about it for a bit but I think it's not the right thing to do.
The via diameter/drill were setup as pairs of dimensions, they should be
used a such. Otherwise one could select a larger drill than via diameter
which would be weird for predefined values (one can always enter the
values by hand to get the effect ;-).

Anyway, I also experimented with the implementation of such a behaviour,
I don't think it can be made to work. The problem is in updating the
dropbox itself to a different value than is in its value list. This
leads to the control resetting its internal position in the value list
which makes scrolling by up/down key through the values impossible. I
have no idea what weird behaviour could emerge on Windows or Mac.

That is ultimately the reason there is now a standard dropdown list to
select from.

MGri