On 2018-01-10 09:05 AM, Jörg Hermann wrote:
Wayne disapproves the introduction of a version number. While I see the benefit
- data format is always crystal clear, it makes parsers more complex all the
time. From a maintenance pov I agree with Wayne, not introducing a version
number.

With all the changes people will see in the latest version of Kicad adding in a version number now would be worthwhile, even if it isn't used within Kicad.

There may be some 3rd party tools that would be able to use the existance (or not) of a version number to know what units were used for the 3D model offset.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.