--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "tom_iphi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just started playing with KiCAD by working through the
> tutorial "KiCad Step by Step Tutorial" by David Jahshan: kicad at
> iridec.com.au.
>
> I'm stuck in libedit while creating a connector. I could create the
> pins all right, but when I draw the rectangle around the pin names, it
> won't remain visible, i.e. I draw it and when the final shape is
> reached I press the left mouse button, then the whole object including
> pins moves with the mouse. Then I place it somewhere and press the left
> mouse button again and the rectangle is gone, while the pins are still
> there.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Tom

Hi,
You must click on the rectange tool on the right hand toolbar to
create a rectangle for the symbol. If you don't click on this icon
your are in block select mode, which means you can select several
objects at the same time (all those within the rectangle that you see)
and move them around the schematic sheet.

David.