No it is actually something that I had been trying to solve as well in
the beginning. It is a bit counter-intuitive, but it is no problem in
the end.

Cheers,
Dimitris

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:31:33 -0000
"tom_iphi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Dimitris,
>
> hooray, that was the trick!!! Now it's working!!!
> Maybe that's an obvious technique for Linux users, in Windows it's
> not.
> Anyway, thanks for your help!
>
> Regards Tom
>
> --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Dimitris Lampridis
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:52:33 -0000
> > "tom_iphi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi David,

> > > That's what I do and I see the pen icon, but the rectangle
> vanishes
> > > after clicking again! Doesn't work with circles or arcs either!
> > > ???
> > > Tom

> kicad at

> create
> > > the
> > > names, it
> is
> > > including
> press
> > > the left
> are
> > > still

> icon
> several
> you
> > > see)

> > Hi,
> >
> > if I'm not mistaken, you shouldn't "drag" the rectangle around your
> > symbol. Instead you should select your tool, then click ONCE on the
> > drawing to start the rectangle, move your mouse without pressing any
> > buttons, and click a second time to end the tool.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dimitris

Dimitris Lampridis   |  Computer Engineer
cosine Research BV   |  CCI reg.nr: 28091022
Niels Bohrweg 11     |  2333 CA Leiden, NL
tel: +31 71 5241840  |  fax: +31 71 5284963
http://cosine.nl