--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "aboongarden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Yes I have created the schematic using
EEschema
> and used CVpcb to associate the footprints, got a rats nest into
> PCBnew, moved the components around, and tried to join them up.
Trying
> to create a single sided board means tracks have to cross (in this
> circuit anyway), far too often for my liking, so I'm putting it down
> to my total inability to route it in an efficient manner due to
being
> brand new to this concept. I was hoping I could prevail upon some
kind
> soul to have a go at it for me, so that I can take a look at the
> output created by an officianado and say "ah, now that's how it's
> done". I know each circuit differs, but if it can be done on my own
> circuit, I've a better chance of knowing what's what.
>
> Alison.
>
> --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "yajeed2000" <david@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "aboongarden" <aboongarden@>
wrote:

> > > Dear Kicad Experts,
> > >
> > > After years of creating small electronic circuits on
stripboard, I
> > > thought I would have a go at a real PCB, so I've read the
tutorials,
> > > FAQs etc, and managed to create a schematic using Kicad,
although I
> > > bet you can see my "stripboard roots" in it ;-) I want to
create a
> > > single sided board given my limited resources, but when faced
with the
> > > freeform approach offered by PCBnew, as opposed to the rigid
structure
> > > imposed by stripboard, I find my mind just blanks.
> > >
> > > I really could benefit from seeing what someone who is familiar
with
> > > this process comes up with. No amount of moving and rotating
parts
> > > around the board and joining them with the tracks has
progressed this
> > > board. I need help.
> > >
> > > Does anyone fancy a go at it, it's a small circuit, based round
a PIC
> > > to monitor 4 alarm sensors, and represent them to the alarm
panel as
> > > one sensor.
> > >
> > > Regards, Alison
> > >
> > Hi,
> > Could you be more specific regarding how people can help?
> > How far have you got with the design? For instance have you
created
> > the netlist in EEschema and used CVpcb to associate
modules/footprints
> > with the components in the schematic?
> > Have been able to open the design in PCBnew and can you see the
> > ratsnest of connections?
> > Let us know specifically where you're up to.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > David.

 I have been doing several small single-sided prints recently, and I
also have a strip-board history.  Making a single-sided board is
somewhat of an art-form, and a few jumpers can usually not be avoided.
But it is surprising how far you can go if you route by hand -
provided you have full freedom in component placement.
I am quite willing to have a go at your schematic, if you mail it to
me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). No harm in trying.

Regards,
PvE