Good choice of chips I think. Did you look into micropendous? he has a kicad
cortex m3 arm open source design... Also leaflabs has a eagle cad one.

This would be the foot print builder that will save you some time...
http://cyclerecorder.org/footprintbuilder/
I also like the kicad library generator to make the schematic symbol name the
pins the same as they are numbered in the footprint for faster building...

I hope this helps.