I've just had my attention drawn to the fact that the date hadn't
updated on one of my schematics after I made a few changes to component
values.   I was thankful find a thread on this subject in the archive.
  I had already tried (unnecessarily) editing the sheet properties and
saving the netlist before searching, but I would never have thought of
annotating to update the date.   The Help just says "The date is
automatically updated".

I can understand why the date shouldn't just reflect when you last saved
the file, but surely it should update after any change.   Am I missing
something?

Regards,

Robert.