Robert,
The problem is that the pin in the library symbol is named VCC. You need
to create a part with a pin name other than VCC. KiCad will
automatically connect power pins named VCC to the net VCC. Your +5V net
gets merged with VCC. That's why you have the conflict.
Just recently I worked on a board with 6 isolated supplies. I feel your
pain.

Carl