I am forced to use Orcad for schematics but then I just output netlist, and use
it with Kicad for PCB designs.
It works and you get a ratsnest this way.
Martin

---- Pedro Martin <pki...@yahoo.es> wrote:

=============
Hi,

of course it is possible to do it. Just disble the DRC and begin to add
footprints.
Anyway, creating the schema is really easy and you are going to waste with
pcbnew the time you save before. The most important thing you will lose is
the ratsnest.

Regards,
Pedro.

> Hi
>
> I'm new to the group.  I built a 70 foot long signal cable with temperature
sensors and switches arrayed along it.  I use past tense because 23 June of
last year a lightning strike came through and knocked the whole thing out.
Nice big rip full length on a tree in front of the house.  So instead of
doing "functional" circuitry I have decided to use pcb's and put lightning
protection devices on the boards.  Need about 10-14 boards.

> The board is very simple and all the driving signals are at the computer end
of the signal line.  Is this all beginning to sound like 1-wire?

> So how do I build this board in pcbnew without a schema? I looked at the pdf
for pcbnew but it assumes schema?  Can I just make a 2 X 8 inch pcb outline
and go from there?  Has anybody done this before?