--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "gjdbxxxx" <gjdbx...@...> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to the group.  I built a 70 foot long signal cable with temperature
> sensors and switches arrayed along it.  I use past tense because 23 June of
> last year a lightning strike came through and knocked the whole thing out.
> Nice big rip full length on a tree in front of the house.  So instead of
> doing "functional" circuitry I have decided to use pcb's and put lightning
> protection devices on the boards.  Need about 10-14 boards.
>
> The board is very simple and all the driving signals are at the computer end
> of the signal line.  Is this all beginning to sound like 1-wire?
>
> So how do I build this board in pcbnew without a schema? I looked at the pdf
> for pcbnew but it assumes schema?  Can I just make a 2 X 8 inch pcb outline
> and go from there?  Has anybody done this before?
>
> Thanks
>
> George Dalla Betta

Why not draw the schematic? If the board is that simple, it will only add 5-10
minutes to the process.

Alternately you could use something like FreePCB for a quick little board, it's
designed for this sort of thing, but I find that trying to cut corners and skip
the schematic is a false economy, you will usually spend more time in the long
run.