  From: alistair.d...@bt.com
  To: kim-discussion@ontotext.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 3:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [Kim-discussion] Issue with getEntites method in CoreDBApi

  Hi DanKo,

  Thanks, but I'm not sure either of those will work.

  The first one will still leave me with all the entities from the documents
after step 3. I just want the entities of a particular type e.g. organizations
so I can show a list of the most popular entities in the same way that the
default CORE interface does. I had thought about using an intersect in the
following way:

  1. Call getEntities(CoreDbQuery query) and collect the entities as a set
where the query specifies the entitles should be e.g. protont#Organization
  2. Call getEntities(Set docIds) and collect the entities as a second set
  3. Intersect the two sets to get the necessary entities of the required class.

  However, it seems the getEntities call is limited to returning 125 entities.
Even calling setMaxResultLength on the query with a larger number does not
allow you to increase in beyond 125. As such I don't get all the entities I
need to carry out the required intersection.

  With the second one, I want to refine queries using numerical data. Each
document has a money value associated with it and I want to allow the user to
define a value range to refine the document set. I currently do this via an SQL
query. Can I do this via a KIMQuery? I've had a quick look at the java doc and
can't see a way although it looks like you can do something using SeRQL:

  http://www.openrdf.org/doc/sesame/users/ch06.html#d0e1424

  Actually if KIM does support this it would make things somewhat easier as I
wouldn't need to hold the documents in two separate places i.e. in KIM and in a
separate database.

  Regards,

  Alistair