On 09/26/2012 01:48 PM, Jack Ostroff wrote:

Greg,

Also - as I said, first let's be sure your file is OK, and then worry about which version you use. I sympathize with your issues with the newer Ubuntu.

If your file (.kmy?) is text, does is look like XML? (I don't really know what the very old KMM data files were like - thus the need to follow Alvaro.)

Sometimes it helps to run "kmymoney -n" which says don't open any data file. Then turn off all home screen options in the configure screen. Then open the file and look for error messages on the console. Mainly though, lets stick to the thread on the mailing list, so any solution will be available for searching for anyone else with similar problem.

Jack

Hi Jack,

The only error is with QT:

$ kmymoney -n
kbuildsycoca running...
DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
7:2012/09/26 13-56-07:aqbanking(19423):started
3:2012/09/26 13-56-07:aqbanking(19423):qbanking.cpp: 420: No Qt translation found for your language en
reading file
start parsing file
startDocument
reading accounts
reading transactions
reading securities
reading prices
reading reports
endDocument

The file is in XML (.kmy), but compressed. I had to use the command line gunzip command to be able to get to it, the GUI does not show anything, it's empty. Very strange.

Thanks, Greg