ofxhome is used to get the list of institutions and connection information.  I'm a bit confused about the connection to ofxhome never finishing.  Once the list of banks is displayed, the connection with ofxhome has successfully completed.  What "stayed up" for a while without finishing?

On the dialog you displayed, in the short run, you might try just selecting one of the two lines, and downloading only a few day's of transactions to see which account it actually is.  I'll have to try unmapping and remapping one of my accounts to see if I have the same problem.  Also, once you do select one of the accounts, you can Edit the Account, and select the Online Settings tab.  The Account Details subtab will show the account number.  The Import Details subtab is where you can set the start date of the transactions requested when you next update the account.