Hi,

On Dienstag, 25. Januar 2022 10:26:47 CET Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel
wrote:

> Jack,
>
> On Dienstag, 25. Januar 2022 08:35:38 CET Jack Burke via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > New KMyMoney user. I'm testing it out to a if I should start using it, and
> > while trying to figure out some of the bank account configuration, I saw it
> > connected to ofxhome.com to pull information. So, of course I went there to
> > look for data I was interested in. At the top of the home page is a message
> > about the site shutting down, with a link to
> > http://www.ofxhome.com/ofxforum/viewtopic.php?id=49843
> >
> > I tried searching this list and the user mailing list, and the bug
> > database, but didn't find any discussion of this (or I'm just not doing a
> > very good search) , so I thought I'd mention it here in case it hasn't been
> > noticed, since it looks important to KMyMoney.
>
> Thank you for the information. We are aware of the fact and a resp. message
> was posted to the kde-finance-apps list early this year.
>
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-finance-apps/2022-January/001142.html
>
> Unfortunately, we don't have a solution to the problem yet other than
> discontinuing to use the service and rely on manual data entry by the user.
> We are aware of the fact, that this is not the most user-friendly solution
> but don't know of any alternative atm.

I have a patch sitting here that I can easily apply which will remove the
ofxhome UI parts and allows only manual data entry.
I know that it is not really user friendly, but having the ofxhome interface
and service does not work is equally bad.

In case I don't get any massive objections to that move or we can solve the
issue in another way, I will add the aforementioned code change at the end of
the month to both the stable and master branch.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

640KB Memory should be enough for every computer.
 -- Bill Gates (1981)