To follow up on this a bit more, some of my problems were from strict checking in MySQL (see separate post) but a lot of others fall into these categories:

- Tables which already exist
- Columns which already exist
- Unable to write duplicate keys

Some of these might be OK to let ride. Others I'm not so sure about. How can I best tell if the database after upgrade is missing anything? Are there integrity checks which can be run or do we just have to stumble on problems if/when we are missing functionality?

Thanks,
Tom