Hi Koha Users - I have a question regarding the best way to send different
email notices for different items when you want to include completely different
email text. The last time I looked at using the template toolkit functionality
in a notice it seemed that if a user had several different item types, the TT
would allow me to check the item type and act accordingly, but only within one
email. So if we wanted to send "radically" different emails for different items
types, then it wasn't really possible because all the information would be
contained in one long email. Not sure if this is still the case? For example,
we loan out PCs for a year, and when we want to send PREDUEDGST emails then all
the instructions and information is completely different than what we say when
the item is a book or a Chromebook etc.

What we have done in the past to get around this is to create a new library for
some of our different items, then for PREDUEDGST we can run the
advance_notices.pl script with the --digest-per-branch and that would send
separate emails based on library. For our ODUE notices we have a separate
notice for each library - e.g. we have a Laptop Locker library with it's own
associated notice and a default "all libraries"  notices which deals with book
items.

We are just wondering how other people deal with this, and what the best
practice would be. Happy to use TT if it can send several emails rather than
one, but creating new Libraries just to send different notices seems "wrong".

Cheers, Stephen

Stephen Graham
Library Technology Consultant
Library and Computing Services