----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Rozoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 3:57 PM
Subject: FWD: Letter from Stella J.

STOP NATO: NO PASARAN! - HTTP://WWW.STOPNATO.HOME-PAGE.ORG

Listen well, my friends,
This is a message of hope. This is a message that must be shared with
you and with others who feel, too many times as I have, the frustrations
and the dispair that no one is listening. This is a message that proves
that hearts CAN be changed for which we all pray. That prayer, in my
case, has been answered.
On August 24 1998, a letter was published in The Washington Times titled
"Serbian propaganda and the truth about Kosovo," written by Mr. Chad
Nagle. The letter, which consisted of three exceedingly long columns and
took up the entire Letters section, attacked both myself and the
Yugoslav Charge d'affaires for being Serbian propagandists and then
proceeded with his version of the truth about Kosovo based on books such
as Noal Malcolm's "Kosovo - A Short History."
On 22 February, I received a copy of a letter Mr. Nagle had written to
the Serbian Unity Congress. I cannot tell you how stunned I was to be
reading a letter in which Mr. Nagle writes: I would like to take this
opportunity to express my regret for this irresponsible letter, and to
attempt to make amends," and also writes, "if my appalling letter
contributed even the most minute influence on policy-makers in
Washington who were considering the war on Yugoslavia, I am deeply
sorry."
I have been given permission by Mr. Nagle's to publish his entire letter
which appears below.
I wish to express my gratitude to Mr. Nagle for showing such strength of
character by writing the letter to SUC, for his honesty and for
expressing his good wishes towards the Serbian people as he could have
just as easily remained silent for his own protection. I wrote him
personally for "restoring my faith in humanity without sounding too
maudlin (as women tend to be) as it is not very often we find someone
who is fair minded enough to admit that they have erred in judgment and
are willing to make corrections [amends]. Thank you."