On Saturday 21 November 2009 12:56:58 Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> 2009/11/21 Pali Rohár <pali.ro...@gmail.com>:

> >> Pali: please, don't use top-posting :) It's hard to track conversation
> >> and quote/reply this way.
> >>
> >> Could you explain this limitation, please?
> >
> > This patch use external google libjingle call application
> > (googletalk-call). Now it is imported from google svn repository to
> > kopete-jabber. It start automatically after kopete-jabber successful
> > login (and communicate throw I/O). This call application is only for
> > GTalk accounts, because it use google specification and connecting to
> > server talk.google.com. Maybe rewriting this application will be possible
> > to use with other accounts.
> >
> > Other accounts cant login to google server, so you cant create voice
> > call. But if you have GTak account, you can call to all contacts, which
> > support google libjingle standard. I test it with windows version of
> > Google Talk and Gmail voice web plugin.
> >
> >> I expected this feature working between any two clients supporting
> >> googlified-jingle-standard. No matter what xmpp account is used, just
> >> end-clients standard support based.
> >>
> >> So I thought it will be possible to talk in any scenario::
> >> k...@gmail.com <-> m...@gmail.com
> >
> > this works
> >
> >> k...@gmail.com <-> m...@xmpp.com
> >
> > if m...@xmpp.com doesnt use kopete, but other google libjingle client it
> > works
> >
> >> sb_with_kop...@xmpp.com <-> m...@gmail.com
> >
> > this doesnt work
> >
> >> sb_with_kop...@xmpp.com <-> m...@xmpp.com
> >
> > this doesnt work
>
> Pretty clear now, thanks a lot :)
You can test and play with the
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kopete/new_jingle branch, there
is an implementation there (iris-based) which is (read : should) be compatible
with every clients (but Google Talk) supporting Jingle.

That's the aim, it does not work properly yet.

Detlev Casanova.