On Tuesday 14 May 2013 23:17:32 Pali Rohár wrote:
> Hello Valentin,

Hello,

> I see that you completly disabled compiling kopete otr plugin in
> svn revision 1351916 because of incompatibility with new version
> of libotr.
>
> I'd like to ask you, why did you disabled it for everyone?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

> There
> are still lot of distributions and people who using compatible
> version of libotr. And also OTR plugin can be disabled at compile
> time with cmake option -DWITH_otr=OFF.
>
> I do agree with this change, because OTR plugin can be properly
> disabled at compile time. And I do not think that it will be hard
> to check if there is compatible version of libotr. Now cmake file
> cmake/modules/FindLibOTR.cmake already testing if version is
> greater then 3.2.0.

(I suppose you meant that you do *not* agree with this change)

A quick check let me find-up that LibOTR 4 installs the same file names as
previous 3 version. But the 4th version introduces large changes in the API
and kopete simply won't compile on my ArchLinux. It's even worst than that!
The data structures members have been re-ordered (have a look to
otrlchatinterface.cpp line 315 - the structure OtrlMessageAppOps has undergone
large changes). So FindLibOTR should fail if versions >=4 are found. Is that
possible?

--
Valentin Rusu (vrusu)
IRC: valir