On Tuesday 16 June 2015 10:54:15 kaushik wrote:
> >> And second I still do not see how you want to handle multi user chats
> >> correctly. You are adding session to chat message, but
> >> Kopete::ChatSession is not useful here. It is destroyed if you close
> >> chat window, but some multi user chats are still active (e.g. in skype)
> >> even if you close chat window. Something similar will be in IRC plugin
> >> too (I believe).
> >>

> > I am in communication with Kaushik about that, so we can see how best to
> > handle multi user chats.
> >

> I remember we discussed about the Group table - while it makes sense for
> group chat - It won't work for IRC chats. For IRC chats the "chat room" is
> going to be fixed, so you might want to include Group type that could
> define the nature of the group.
>
> Can you add that design in the readme. I would also suggest take a look at
> how kopete handles group chats for different protocols and add the
> different cases we will need to handle in the readme with the protocol name.

Current history plugin will list all contacts of group chat session.
First contact is used as id of storage. This works good for room chats
because IRC and jabber plugins make sure that first contact in (group)
chat session is name of room (irc channel or jabber MUC). But it does
not work for Skype (where is just unordered list of contacts in group
chat).

I would propose this solution:

Group chat message should have:
* sender of message
* (unique) identifier for current group chat
* human readable description of group chat
* subject/topic

For IRC, Jabber (and similar protocols) identifier should be just name
of room. It could work. Also name of room can be used as human
description.

For Skype and other protocols where is known just list of contacts
identifier could be some (random) string/number... I think that Skype
uses some string hash for different multi user chats, so it can be used
it. For human readable description just use subject/topic or list of
contacts in group chat.

Sounds good? Or did I something miss?

--
Pali Rohár