At 09:37 AM 3/10/2013, you wrote:
>Polycarbonate has some really good characteristics and some really bad
>ones.  It can take a whole lot of energy and not fail...but it can also
>break just under static stress when it comes in contact with certain
>chemicals.

heating Plexiglass and forming it over a mold would relieve it of all
static stress in its new shape.  Be careful when drilling the
mounting holes.  It might be better to melt the holes with a small
soldering iron.  Slightly oversized would be good with the hold down
screws not too tight to allow a slight bit of expansion /
contraction.  Both my flat wrapped lenses have performed well for 500
hours now.

Larry Flesner