The engine in my KR has been a stock O-200 with worn out cylinders for a number
of years. ?It has been down for maintenance and modifications since February.
?It now has a new top end on it with O-200-D pistons, and a pair of Pmags for
ignition. ?I just finished installing the Pmags today and will finish putting
the plane back together this week, but haven't even fired the engine yet, let
alone do any test flying. ?I've also been working on a number of small
aerodynamic clean ups and enhancements to the plane as well. ?It should be
ready to start testing next weekend. ?Details on the engine and other work is
on my website at
<http://jscott.uphero.com/KR/2013%20Updates.html>.

I generally avoid the Corvair conversations as my opinions are likely offensive
to the Corvair believers. ?I have a low opinion of the Corvair as an aircraft
powerplant. ?Where I fly, an engine failure is likely to lead to either a
fatality or serious injuries with a destroyed plane. To me, an engine with a
reputation for regular in-flight failures is not an acceptable aircraft
powerplant. ?I've had one engine failure in another plane here in the mountains
at night and don't care to experience the same again.

For those that have links to my old web site <http://jscott.comlu.com>, I'm in
the process of moving everything to a new web site <http://jscott.uphero.com>.
?The old web site has been having intermittent access problems for a while.
?I'll put a forwarding link on the old web site which should be there for the
next year.

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM