781 pounds does exceed my self-assigned goal of 650 set many years ago.
However, adding a 2180 VW, Diehl adapter and electric, mechanical fuel pump,
oil filter, carb heat, cabin heat, Diehl skins, bigger spar, three batteries
(main and two backups), extra airspeed and wet compass, ELT, panel mount
comm, 250-watt transponder, intercom, GPS, cabin lights, seat belt anchors,
hydraulic brakes (that really work), upholstery, fiber glass seats, welded
fuel tanks, strobes and nav lights, landing lights, wheel fairings, 30
inspection panels, cockpit access doors, Dynon D10A, electronic magnetic
compass, electronic OAT, bull ring tie downs and a Mixture Meter does bump
up the empty weight somewhat.  There are some safety and utility tradeoffs.
I fully intend to fly this airplane at night and in the system.  How much
remains to be seen.  However, it will be legal - always.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA