"What are your qualifications for making such a statement?"

It has been my experience that most people don't need or have qualifications
for this. When it comes to engines we might as well be talking about politics,
religion, or sex. Most folks have their minds made up and there is no changing
them. It is a debate that is not likely to change any time soon. In my opinion,
both engines are viable air cooled power plants and so is Rotax, Jabiru,
Lycoming and Continental. All engines have their issues and it is up to the
operator to know what they are and never let yourself be surprised by those
issues.

Stephen Teate
Paradise, Texas