The disconnect I had came from the ball joint that goes through the
throttle arm.  The nut that held that ball on fell off.  I believe it  was
never
tightened after the carburetor was rebuilt during the annual  inspection.  I
was only 15 miles from the airport, but at 2500 feet, that  meant my glide
wouldn't have made the airport by about 14.5 miles if the  throttle would
have gone to idle.  I was glad that the certification  process of my airplane
included a spring to take the throttle to wide  open.

Kevin Golden

In a message dated 6/21/2013 10:36:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,