So I'm sitting around dreaming of flying my plane someday and contemplating my
stub wing tanks.? The outer wing tanks are welded aluminum and that was fine
but a bit pricey.? My mains are .032 aluminum sheet and I got to thinking how
hard it was going to be to weld such thin sheet.? Poking around the internet I
found that in fact you can spot weld thin aluminum sheet (see video) and as
luck would have it I have a new 220V spot welder sitting on the shelf.? My plan
is to use this technique to spot weld my tanks together and seal the seams with
Pro-Seal.? Anyone heard of spot welding fuel tanks or aircraft skins?

http://youtu.be/gcgC3V3mkcw

Craig
www.kr2seafury.com