Jon Patterson wrote:

Sid, how did you arrive at a 52x52 prop?  My stock KR-2S (formerly Steve
Vitrella's) with a Great Plains-ish VW 2180 has a 54x48 on it, but Steve
Bennett recommends a 52x46.  I haven't changed it yet, but I'm curious as to
the whole prop selection process.  Seems like there are a bunch of options
out there.

One aid is to see the table at http://www.krnet.org/kr-info.html , which
lists various KR engine, airframe, carb, and prop combinations that are
working for others.  It's not a definitive guide, but it's a clue as to
various performance levels that can be expected.  Some folks are still
flying with the first prop they put on the plane, and don't realize there
may be enough 10 mph possible with the right prop.  Still, it's a good way
to make sure you don't build a plane that's only capable of a 2700 rpm
static runup, that won't actually get off the ground!

Speaking of this table, it's been 3 or 4 years since it's been updated, and
there are some new airplanes flying.   If you have data on your newly
flying, modified,  or acquired plane, please send it to me for an update to
this table.  I know you're out there...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML at N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com