From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Mark Langford
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:09 AM
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: Re: KR> New Cowl

Jon Patterson wrote:

Sid, how did you arrive at a 52x52 prop?  My stock KR-2S (formerly Steve
Vitrella's) with a Great Plains-ish VW 2180 has a 54x48 on it, but Steve
Bennett recommends a 52x46.  I haven't changed it yet, but I'm curious as to
the whole prop selection process.  Seems like there are a bunch of options out
there.

One aid is to see the table at http://www.krnet.org/kr-info.html , which lists
various KR engine, airframe, carb, and prop combinations that are working for
others.  It's not a definitive guide, but it's a clue as to various
performance levels that can be expected.  Some folks are still flying with the
first prop they put on the plane, and don't realize there may be enough 10 mph
possible with the right prop.  Still, it's a good way to make sure you don't
build a plane that's only capable of a 2700 rpm static runup, that won't
actually get off the ground!

Speaking of this table, it's been 3 or 4 years since it's been updated, and
there are some new airplanes flying.   If you have data on your newly
flying, modified,  or acquired plane, please send it to me for an update to
this table.  I know you're out there...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML at N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com