William, the LSA requirements have to be met when you register. Most KR
builders want performance which will not be LSA. If you look at the
performance chart of KR-2's some meet the requirement but most don't. Flaps
do not help because the stall requirement is without flaps, as in what if
they don't work. The max speed is 152 knots and stall is under 50 without
augmentation. I would assume the right prop would limit your speed but you
need low weight and high wing area to get stall speed.
    Larry Bell