Not sure is this is a subject of interest any of you as my aircraft
has been flying with two previous owners for quite some time.
     N186 RC is a standard KR 2 that has been flying since 1993.
     It is in my garage with the wings of. I have cleaned up the stub wings
at the mounting area,  have re-arced the tailspring and reinstalled it. I
also have plans to raise the canopy an inch and a half to 2 inches for more
head room and am currently in the process of retrofitting a different
cowling.
     Possibly will convert it to a tri-gear but that being the operation at
it is remains to be seen.
    I also plan to add a belly flap.
     This also gives me the opportunity to thoroughly go over the airplane.
      I would appreciate hearing from those of you that have older aircraft
and what type of maintenance issues especially regarding the fiberglass
that you may have run into. My airplane much to my satisfaction seems to
have been very well built and maintained. Thank you
              Doran