Interesting stuff.

According to a Chinese manufacturer, they can make this stuff in carbon
fiber.  The only other manufacture I have found is in the  Netherlands.
http://www.parabeam.nl/

One question I have with this product is how do you keep the space between
the two fabrics from saturating completely full of resin?  If it did this,
it would be very heavy.  The Chinese site says it is possible to use pour
foam to fill those voids in the Parabeam glass, but that isn't the normal
use.  Here is a photo of the glass from the side:
http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/parabeam-bv/fiberglass-fabrics-3d-26847-18898
8.html
I think what is intended is just enough glass to fill those vertical
looping weaves but it sure does seam to me it would easily puddle inside and
cause the product to be very heavy.  Any ideas on this?

Also, from what I have read it will not do sharp corners well.  Long
gradual curves are no problem, but I would guess the issue is the inner fabric
would buckle if trying to lay it into a sharp curved area of a female  mold.
Guessing here that the thin stuff would do a sharper radius than the  thick
stuff.  Looks like there should be a chart somewhere to use as a  guideline
for this problem and there may be....

Though I am not building a KR, this group always talk about the most
interesting things and that is why I continue to read the  daily postings.
Thank
You!

Kevin Golden
Harrisonville, MO
Streak Shadow

 In a message dated 2/10/2014 8:24:43 A.M. Central Standard Time,