Doran Jaffas wrote:

 >In the three point Landing configuration is anyone have any knowledge of
the optimum angle of attack for the KR two standard?

That depends...on how much runway you have, where you're talking about in
the landing process, and how hard you want to whack the runway with the
tailwheel, among other things!   If you mean at touchdown,  I've perfected a
landing in N56ML where about a 2/3 of the time the tailwheel hits after the
mains, and the other 1/3 of the time it hits before the mains, which I think
is about as quick and safe as you can land one, because it's done flying at
that point.  I'm sure there are other opinions though, but this is how I
"three-point" one, with power at idle, so it's losing altitude, and the
timing has to be just right.  That's the only way I land it, as a rule, due
to my short runway length.  The airfoil is pretty much stalled at 16 degrees
(see plot at http://www.krnet.org/as504x/ ), so it's somewhat less.  If I
remember correctly, N56ML's longeron is something like 12 degrees sitting on
it's gear.

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML at N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com