At 11:11 AM 2/20/2014, you wrote:
>The slower the better in an emergency. On the mains is not as slow
>as three point. I know this is going to bring up a big debate. But
>as Mark says when you need to get stop fast there's only one way to do it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nothing really here to debate.  In an emergency, the slower the
better and I'd probably even touch tail wheel first in an off airport
landing in unfriendly terrain.  But, in a non-emergency situation, I
feel I have better control and better visibility doing a tail low
wheel landing.  We're not talking a big difference in speed here,
maybe 5 mph or less at actual touchdown.  If I were flying a Cessna
150, I wouldn't be dragging it in with power and full flaps, making a
short or soft field landing on every approach, just in case I need to
make that type of approach someday.  In my KR, the three point
attitude blocks all forward vision so I can't even judge my height
above the runway.  I get the feeling I'm just along for the ride the
last few seconds before touchdown.  In a tail low wheel landing I
have visibility over the nose until I'm under flying speed and can
quickly recognize and stop any drift in a crosswind.  It really is no
different than the approach and touchdown of a tri-gear
airplane.  The only difference is my tail goes down as I slow and
their's goes up as they slow.  If the three point touchdown were the
only acceptable way to land a KR, the tri-gear pilots would be
dragging their tails on touchdown.  Just a thought.

Each aircraft has it's own handling requirements and should be flown
accordingly, given the variables of each flight.  Personally, I can't
recall ever seeing DC3's, B17's, and the like  making three point
landings.  Go with what makes you feel good.........

Larry Flesner