Quoting Phill Hill:

"Hi guys, I'm working on my rudder pedals.  The 5/8 x .035" tubing seems
bit "springy" to me.  Did everyone else use this tubing for their rudder
pedals or did you go up to .049?"

Sparky lost his first KR to having the tubing called for in the plans.  A
gust caught him when flaring here at KSEE and in recovering broke the
rudder tubing which left him without rudder.  He ended up clipping
something stationary and breaking his left wing and pretty much messing
the plane up beyond repair.  So . . . don't skimp on the rudder tubing is
the lesson here.

My KR rudder pedals have no tubing, just cables running directly back to
the rudder - just another of the nice design features that Ken Cottle had
in mind when building N335KC.

Mike Stirewalt
KSEE
1 Odd trick Kills diabetes
100% scientifically-proven way to control blood sugar in 3 short weeks
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5375283c3e7f5283c74b9st01vuc