Mark,
Your statement below reminds me of my old Cessna 120.  The Cessna 120 could
nose over if the right situation arose probably mostly from applying too much
braking by the pilot. Several 120s I have seen over the years had a horizontal
steel bracket bolted to the normal axle bolt holes. This bracket extended
several inches forward of course because Cessna 120s are tail draggers. The
axle was then bolted to the forward end of the extension. This extension with
its extra leverage was supposed to really help prevent a nose over situation on
the 120. I always assumed that Cessna made these parts since it is a certified
aircraft but I don't know that.
I would imagine this same principle should work on a nose dragger, with a
rearward extension. The twisting moment might need to be considered on the
fiberglass landing gear. It may not matter as much as my imagination says it
may!
Just wondering Sid if you have done your weight and balance? I will assume you
can't move your engine forward!
Larry H