Exactly. This condition can bite you low and real slow, like during a
landing flare or thereabouts. Back in the day of "rudder airplanes" when
aileron differential was not common, people talked about "aileron
reversal" at low speeds. The wing you wanted to go up, with its aileron
down, would stall and drop in a seeming reversal of control input. The
ailerons are not simply deflectors. When moved, they effectively change
the camber of the airfoil and therefore the angle of attack. This is why
using rudder to raise a wing while in a stalled or near-stalled
condition is taught - the ailerons are kept as neutral as possible. Of
course there are many airplanes with ailerons that are effective well
into the stall.